fredag 15 juli 2011

Got myself a Scarver!

Thought I'd show some of the modifications made om my -04 F650CS Scarver. Bought in in the dark Scandinavian winter of 2011. Had a Kawasaki ZR-7S before, but for my use - mainly commuting to work, and sporting around the city -  a smaller an lighter bike seemed ideal. I liked the concept of the Scarver, but I did not really like the looks in the original shape. The worst thing was the tail end with it's horrible mud flap arrangement. Quite easy to modify! All mods on this bike are made so it's easy to turn it back to the original shape in about 30 minutes.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hi,
    I just bought myself a Scarver. I LOVE what you did. I am going to paint mine too. I love the paint you did. What I want to know is where did you get that panel which covers the whole in the tank? to make the tank like a regular tank? I want to get one? where can I get one? Thanks, Laurie
    LaurieChad12@gmail.com

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hello Laurie!
    The tank cover is made by Wunderlich. I got it from their dealer in Sweden, but they are avaliable in the US as well. The quality is not super.. I hade to use some filler to get rid of a few "dents" on the top side.
    Hope this link works:
    http://www.wunderlich-bmw.com/shopart/8160535-2-1337/shop/Parts-pool/8/Bay-Cover-F-650-CS.htm

    Look for the US dealers there.
    http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/bmw/F650CS.html

    E-Bay might also be a source!

    There is an "original" BMW Stuff Bay cover, but I don't think they are avaliable any more.

    Good luck with your work, and send some pics of the result if you like! /JOHAN

    SvaraRadera